Saturday 19 July 2014

Sunset Over The Brig & The Bass.

With the hot summer nights slowly drawing in I wanted to head down to the 'Bridge to nowhere' at Belhaven bay, a local photographic hotspot to catch some pictures of the amazing sunsets that we have been having of late, so after wolfing down my dinner it was off I go taking in some of the countryside  along my journey.


The fields starting to turn golden brown, it won't be long now before the farmers get their biggest toys out to play, the combine harvester. Fellow blogger Coastrider came across combines at work last week.


Views of the Bass Rock & North Berwick Law, I always think they have a real prehistoric feel about them as the sun lowers in the sky during the months of summer.





So dropping in altitude down the big steep hill of starvation brae through the village of Spott & then into the cover of trees through the Brock wood where the lowering sun glimmering through the trees really shone some amazing shades of green.


I have to have a laugh at this notice which has been in place for around 2 years now, throughout the four seasons it has never been taken down. Along this track which is a right of way I once stumbled across a clay pigeon shoot which didn't go down well with the shooters who had to stop until I safely passed & within a couple of weeks there were these signs placed at either end.....Hmmm bit of a coincidence ! Obviously a legal loophole for land owners to stop people passing through their land.

Passing through Pitcox with it's beautiful little ruined farm cottages...




...And into the grounds of Biel estate.

The manicured gardens of the Biel house with the Biel burn meandering through the grounds.


The run down pigeon doocot for Biel estate, now if I ever came into money I would love to buy this doocot & convert it into a home, this is my favourite doocot purely because of it's location, beneath the doocot  there is a small hill leading to a grassy meadow below with the Biel burn a the bottom then beautiful trees at the other side & behind that a great view of the Lammermuir hills. My idea of paradise.





For ever dropping in altitude down through Biel drive emerging at Hedderwick farm, and now I need to get the legs pumping to get to the location for my sunset pictures.













 Made it in time to enjoy 15 minutes watching the sun go down along with another 6 or 7 people taking photos & others just their to watch the golden orb set while eating fish & chips.
The Bass rock looked amazing with the sky having a vibrant orange / red glow about it.

Paddle boarders returning to shore as the light starts to go...

...And time for me to get back home too as I seemed to have a swarm of flies stay with me for the whole journey in this muggy heat !

Anyway hope you enjoyed the sunset tour
Cheers for now :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment